Change the keyboard layout
You can add a keyboard layout to a language and switch to using that if you want to use the same layout to type in different languages or don’t want to use the default one that Windows provides.
To change the keyboard layout for a language
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
(If you’re using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.)
- Enter language, choose Settings, and then tap or click Add a language.
- Select the language that you want to add a keyboard layout to.
- Tap or click Options next to the language name, and then under Input method, tap or click Add an input method.
- Browse the input method list or use the search box to find the keyboard layout you want to use.
- Double-tap or double-click the keyboard layout, and then tap or click Save.