1. In the Metro Start Menu, hover on the lower right corner. The Charms bar pops up. Click on Settings.
2. In the Settings side bar, click on More PC settings.
3. Under PC settings, select User and click on Switch to a Microsoft account.
4. It asks you to enter your local account password. Enter your password and click Next.
5. It will now ask you to enter your Microsoft account email address or sign-up for a new email address. (Here we entered our email address.) Click Next.
6. Enter the password for your Microsoft Live account and click Next.
7. Enter some information for password recovery related issues. Click Next when done.
8. It will now display your account name and email address. Click Finish.