Want to use Skype, Vent or TS2 on Windows 8? First enable your microphone! Then you can even use it to listen to your XBOX on your PC.
1. Open the Control Panel by clicking Control Panel tile in Start Menu.
2. A control panel window opens. Scroll down and click on the More Settings.
3. Next, click on the Large icons in ‘View by’ drop down menu located at the top-right corner.
4. Next, scroll down and click on the Sound.
5. Next, click on the Recording tab, select Microphone from the list and click on Properties button.
6. Next, from the Device usage option, select Use this device (enable) from the drop down list and click Ok. That are the complete steps to enable microphone in Windows 8. If you want to increase microphone volume level then click on the Levels tab and increase the microphone level.