How to disable Windows 8 metro desktop
1. In your Metro Start Menu, move your mouse to the lower left corner and the Start menu pops up. Click on Search.
2. Type regedit in the Search Apps text box. Click on the regedit.
3. Click on Yes in the User Account Control box.
4. Now the Registry Editor opens. Navigate to following sub key: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftware by clicking their respective expand icon.
5. In Software sub key, navigate again to Microsoft by clicking it’s respective expand icon.
6. In Microsoft sub key, navigate again to WindowsCurrentVersionExplorer by clicking their respective expand icon one by one. Then on the right side of the pane you will see RPEnabled. Right click on it and select Modify.
7. Change the DWORD value data to 0. To disable Windows 8 metro desktop, we have to set it to 0 and to enable again we have to set it to 1. Now logoff or restart your computer to take effect. That are the complete steps to disable Windows 8 metro desktop.