How to install the Windows 8.1 Preview and Update with Product Key?
– Go to the Windows 8.1 Preview Page.
Click the “Get it now” link to install an update that will allow you to access Windows 8.1 Preview from the Windows Store.
– Restart Your Windows 8 Device
After restarting, this update to the Windows Store will automatically install through Windows Update. Upon reboot, you will be greeted by a message to install Windows 8.1 Preview. Then, you will be able to access Windows 8.1 Preview from the Windows Store.
– Click on “Go to the Store”
After clicking the Go to the Store button, you will be taken to the Windows Store page for Windows 8.1 Preview. It’s here that you will find links and additional information about Windows 8.1 Preview, including the FAQ. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/preview-faq
– Click the Download Button
After clicking the Download button, Windows 8.1 will begin to install. But before that, it will run a series of compatibility checks to make sure your device can run the Preview. If no issues are found, your device will likely reboot a few times during the installation process
– Sign In With a Microsoft Account
After the installation, you will need to sign in with a Microsoft account to use the enhanced cloud capabilities of Windows 8.1 Preview.
**If you have any issues with the installation, be sure to check out the official Windows 8.1 Preview forums for a solution. (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=302192)
Can I uninstall Windows 8.1 Preview?
Uninstalling the preview isn’t supported. However, it may be possible to restore your entire system to its factory condition.
– If your PC came with Windows 8 you may be able to restore it back to Windows 8 by using PC refresh. Your personal files won’t be affected, but apps that did not come with the PC will need to be reinstalled and apps that you installed while using the preview may not be available through the Windows 8 Store. To find out more about using PC refresh, see Restore, refresh, or reset your PC.
– If you’re running Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7, you can’t uninstall the preview. To go back to your previous operating system, you’ll need to reinstall it from the recovery or installation media that came with your PC (typically DVD media). If you don’t have recovery media you might be able to create it before you update from a recovery partition on your PC using software provided by your PC manufacturer. Check the support section of your PC manufacturer’s website for more info. After you install Windows 8.1 Preview you won’t be able to use the recovery partition on your PC to go back to your previous version of Windows.
Do I need a product key to install Windows 8.1 Preview?
If you install Windows 8.1 Preview through the Windows Store, you don’t need a product key. If you download the ISO, you’ll need to enter this product key: NTTX3-RV7VB-T7X7F-WQYYY-9Y92F.
Will I be able to keep my files, settings, and apps if I install Windows 8.1 Preview?
If you start your PC from removable media that you created when you downloaded the ISO, you won’t be able to keep your apps, Windows settings, or personal files when you update. This table shows what you can keep when you update, depending on the version of Windows you currently have running on your PC.