Steps to install Windows 8 on a new partition
1. First of all insert the Windows 8 installation DVD to your DVD drive and restart your computer. Before that make sure you have an empty partion with atleast 40GB for Windows 8. The installation process starts, click on Next.
2. Next, click on Install now.
3. check / tick ‘I accept the license terms’ and click on the Next button.
4. Next, click on Custom (advanced).
5. Next, select the partition where you want to install Windows 8. If you do have much space than needed then you can again create another partition from the existing partion. To do that, click on New and specify the size. If you do not see these Format, New, Delete icons then click on the drive options to unhide them. Click Next.
6. Finally, the installation of Windows 8 on a new partion starts. That are the complete steps to install Windows 8 on a new partition.