Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 and Kaspersky 2013 Internet Security for Windows 8: Tips, tricks and Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is Microsoft Windows 8?
A: Windows 8 is the latest version of Microsoft’s Windows operating system. It is intended for use with compatible personal computers and other devices, including home and business desktop PCs, laptop PCs, tablet PCs and media centre PCs. It is scheduled to launch on 26th October 2012.
Q: If I buy or download the latest version of Kaspersky Internet Security 2013, will it be compatible with Windows 8?
A: Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 is Windows 8 ready and will support Windows 8 when it is released on 26th October 2012. Obviously, Kaspersky products won’t support any versions of Windows 8 until the final official release of Windows 8.
Q: If I have an existing version of Kaspersky Internet Security, will I need to purchase new software?
A: No… not if you already have a valid Kaspersky subscription for Kaspersky Internet Security. All Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 customers that have a valid subscription will be able to upgrade their Kaspersky Internet Security application to the newest version that is compatible with Windows 8. To download the latest version of your Kaspersky security product, please go to the Download section at the top of this page and select your product.
Q: If I am using Windows 8, do I still need Kaspersky security products?
A: Yes… you definitely still need Kaspersky’s award-winning protection – especially if you use the Internet. Although Windows 8 comes with Windows Defender, it only provides basic security – and it really doesn’t have the special security features that a regular Internet user needs. Windows Defender only offers minimal protection against malware, compared to the multi-layer security that Kaspersky’s security products deliver. However, Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 goes even further – with advanced features that protect against sophisticated Internet attacks – so you get vital added protection for your PC, your money, your identity and your privacy when you’re online. With over 15 years of Internet security experience – and a vast number of independent awards – Kaspersky provides industry-leading security that’s recognised by independent testing labs and independent reviews.
Q: What are the main differences between Windows Defender and Kaspersky Internet Security?
A: Windows Defender only offers basic antivirus protection. This level of protection can leave your PC – and the personal data you store on it – extremely vulnerable to the growing number of advanced security threats. Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 provides multiple layers of defence – to help protect all aspects of your online activities… so you can enjoy the power and convenience of the Internet, without constant fear. In addition, Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 includes a whole host of other advanced features that Windows Defender does not offer. These advanced features include:
– Kaspersky’s innovative Safe Money technology – to help protect your personal information during online financial transactions
– Advanced parental control – to help keep your children safe online
– Automatic exploit prevention – to defend you against malware that targets vulnerabilities in the applications you run on your PC
In addition, Kaspersky customers benefit from the added protection offered by the Kaspersky Security Network – a cloud-based system that combines security data from Kaspersky’s own advanced research lab plus data gathered from millions of consenting users… to help ensure you’re protected against the newest security threats.
You can buy cheap products Kaspersky here: Kaspersky Coupon Code
– Kaspersky Internet Security 2013
- Real-time protection against all viru ses and Internet threats
- Secures online banking and shopping with unique Safe Money technology
- Uses real-time, proactive and cloud technologies to detect new, emerging and unknown threats
- Safeguards your digital identity and privacy
- Identifies suspicious and phishing websites
- Real-time protection against viruses, spyware, Trojans, rootkits, and more
- Automatic Exploit Prevention to ensure vulnerabilities won’t compromise your PC
- Website and email scanning to detect malicious software
- Instant safety checks on fi les, applications and websites
- Rollback of harmful malware activity
- Identity Protection – Kaspersky PURE 2.0 Total Security includes unique features focused on keeping your passwords and personal data safe and secure while you?re online.
- Central Management of Multiple PCs – We make it incredibly simple to manage the security of multiple PCs in your home.
- Family Protection – Keep your kids safe and responsible with our award-winning family protection.
- Maintaining your home’s PC security has never been easier or more convenient.
- Virtual Keyboard allows you to use mouse-clicks to enter your credit card numbers and bank information, so they can’t be tracked or stolen by keyloggers, hackers, or identity thieves.
- One Solution Protects Your Digital DevicesKaspersky ONE Universal Security is the easy one-license solution to protect PCs Macs smartphones and Android tablets.
- Based on award-winning Kaspersky Lab technologies Kaspersky ONE gives you real-time protection against dangerous Internet threats with security optimized for each device.
- So no matter which devices you use to bank shop surf or chat online you know you re always safe.
– Kaspersky Now app for Windows 8 and Windows RT
Kaspersky Now delivers the latest security news to you via our Kaspersky blog RSS feed. Now you can keep up-to-date with current security trends, threat alerts, expert views, and more. If you have Kaspersky Anti-Virus or Kaspersky Internet Security installed, Kaspersky Now displays your PC’s protection status and lets you quickly launch security features – including Scan, Update, Parental Control and more.
Kaspersky Now is compatible with:
– Kaspersky Internet Security 2013
– Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013
- Get the Kaspersky blog RSS feed – to stay in touch with security trends
- See your computer’s security status – at-a-glance (If you have Kaspersky Anti-Virus or Kaspersky Internet Security installed)
- Launch key Kaspersky Anti-Virus/Kaspersky Internet Security functions (If you have Kaspersky Anti-Virus or Kaspersky Internet Security installed)
- Use Kaspersky Anti-Virus/Kaspersky Internet Security to resolve security issues (If you have Kaspersky Anti-Virus or Kaspersky Internet Security installed)
- Renew your Kaspersky Anti-Virus/Kaspersky Internet Security licence (If you have Kaspersky Anti-Virus or Kaspersky Internet Security installed)