Lock away your folders from notorious users. Read more if you want to keep your files and folders from any other user on a shared Windows 8 computer.
Windows file and folder security allows you to set permissions for individual user or groups. This helps in securing your personal and confidental files on a shared computer. Follow the following steps to lock a particular folder
1. In the Metro Start Menu, click on Windows Explorer.
2. Navigate to the desired folder. Right Click on it and select Properties.
3. Select the Security tab and click on Edit button.
4. Select the user for whom you want to keep the folder locked. In our example, we selected Notorious User. Check the deny check box beside the Modify permission. Other checks will appear automatically. Click Ok when done.
5. Click Yes on the security warning alert.
Windows file permissions include Full Control, Modify, Read & Execute, Read and Write options. Similarly, folder permissions include Full Control, Modify, Read & Execute, List Folder Contents, Read, and Write options.