1. Press Windows + R to open Run Window-> Type cmd to open the Command Prompt.
2. Make sure that the file extension is not hidden. So go to View-> mark File name Extensions
3. Now first write down the location path of the file which you want to rename. Open the folder where your file is located-> Click on the address bar. You’ll get something like this E:foldersubfolder. Here the file I am renaming is stored in E:
4. In the Command Prompt type the following command
- REN “LocationOld name.file extention” “new name.file extension”.
- Example: REN “E:topics.txt” “debaleena.txt”
- Press Enter and close the Command prompt.
5. Now go to the folder and see that the file name is changed.