Steps to change Windows 8 metro user tile icons
1. Open the Metro Start screen. Right click on the tile icon (one you want to change it’s icon). At the lower bottom of the screen you will see Advanced option. Click on it. Then click on the Open File Location option
2. Next, Right-click on the selected icon shortcut and then select Properties.
3. Next, click on the ‘Change icon..’
4. Next, select the icon from the list or if you want to use your own custom icon then click on the Browse and locate your icon file. Make sure the icon needs to be in .ico extension). Finally click on the OK button.
5. Now if you check the Metro Start screen, the tile icon has been changed.