How to Dock and Undock Apps in Windows 8
– Point your cursor or your finger at the very top of the screen in the app you want to dock (ex: Internet Explorer). The cursor will now turn into a hand.
– Drag the app you want to dock to the right side of the screen. A vertical dividing bar will appear. You can dock to the left side instead, if you would like.
– Drop the app on the right side of this bar to dock it.
– Open another app. Now, the app you just opened will occupy the previously unused section of the screen
– Click and hold the dividing bar.
– Drag the bar leftward to the edge of the screen to slide the previously dominant app completely off. Doing so stretches the previously non-dominant app so that it occupies the entire display once again. To dock apps on a touchscreen: