Enable or disable Telnet in Windows 8
1. Open up Control Panel by clicking Computer shortcut icon on Desktop and clicking Control Panel on the top taskbar.
2. Open Programs and Features.
3. In this window, select the option Turn Windows features on or off found on the top left side of the taskbar.
4. This will open another dialog box listing all of windows features. Scroll down till you find the option Telnet Client and Telnet Server. Tick check both of these options to enable telnet on Windows. It is important you check both of these to enable remote computer sharing.
5. This would continue with the installation process. In moments, Telnet should be installed and when done, you can click Close as shown below